We specialise in safer Custody and have provided legal advice on numerous cases for both police and prison custody settings.
Joanne Caffrey was awarded the 2012 British Excellence Award from the British Association of Women in Policing.
This was heavily biased by her design and delivery of the initial Safer Detention and Handling of Persons in Custody programme.
Our main course is a 5 day CPD level 3 course and covers the full spectrum of safer custody:
- Arrest and detention
- Risk assessment – pre and post custody, violent detainees, head injuries, custody capacity, medical requirements such as excited delirium and infectious diseases
- Suicide and self harm – identification of risk and management
- Control, restraint and searches
- Detainee care – SEND, females, young people, elderly, healthcare provision, food and drink, personal care
- Alcohol and drug specifics
- Mental ill health
- Deaths in custody
- Buildings and facilities – health and safety, maintenance of cells, fire safety, cleaning
- Human resources and training – staff safety models, training needs
- Contingency planning – major and unusual incident management planning and exercising
We also have a 1 day self harm and suicide CPD course available.