ACHIEVING BEST EVIDENCE
Our Achieving Best Evidence (ABE) training is a CPD accredited 5 day course to help professionals who need to interview victims and witnesses when using special measures.
Our training team are occupationally competent in this area of work and have experience in dealing with victims and witness of serious offences such as rape and child abuse.
Joanne Caffrey has been awarded a national training award for her design and deliver of the PIP (Professionalizing Investigation Programme).
The course covers:
- Vulnerable and intimidated witnesses
- Planning and preparation for interviews and statements
- Medical examinations and evidence collection
- Conducting the interview
- Witness support and preparation
- Witnesses in court
- Special measures available
- The assessment framework
- Communication difficulties
- Legal constraints
- Truth and lies
- The enhanced cognitive interviewer
- ID parades
- National standards for child witnesses
- Storage, custody and destruction of video recordings
- Guidance on records of video interviews (ROVI)
Shorter versions of this course are available for those professions who need to know abour ABE but do not need to conduct interviews